FACTS: What does Access Group do with your personal information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and Account Transactions
- Account Balances and Transaction History
- Payment History and Employment Information
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Access Group chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information
||Does Access Group share?
||Can you limit this sharing?
|For our everyday business purposes — such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes — to offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with other financial companies
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes — information about your transactions and experiences
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes — information about your creditworthiness
||We don’t share
|For our affiliates to market to you
||We don’t share
|For nonaffiliates to market to you
||We don’t share
Questions? Call 800-282-1550
Who we are
Who is providing this notice?
This notice is provided by Access Group, Inc. and other affiliated companies such as financing trusts*.
What we do
How does Access Group protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Access Group collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- Apply for a loan or provide employment information
- Pay your bills or provide account information
- Give us your contact information
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes— information about your creditworthiness.
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. Our affiliates include financial companies such as financing trusts.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. Access Group does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. Our joint marketing partners include financial companies such as banks.
* Notice provided by: Access Group, Inc.; Access Group Loan Reserve Trust I; Access Funding ABCP-1LLC; PEAKS Trust 2009-1; Affiliated Loan Program for Students School Trust 2009-1; Access Funding 2010-A LLC; Affiliated Loan Programs for Students School Trust 2010-1; Affiliated Loan Programs for Students School Trust 2010-2; Affiliated Loan Programs for Students School Trust 2010-3; Affiliated Loan Programs for Students UChicago Trust 2010-1; Affiliated Loan Programs for Students UChicago Trust 2011-1; Private Alternative Loans for Students Trust 2011-1; and FAQS Rochester School Trust 2011-1